For over 25 years, Poul’s Landscaping & Nursery has been rising bushes and shrubs in our personal Lake County nurseries in order that we are able to present a constant provide of high quality crops to our panorama design/construct shoppers. Our coverage is to develop bushes and shrubs which might be dependably hardy, of correct type, are harvested with optimally massive root balls, and are dug contemporary with minimal dealing with to scale back stress or harm.
A tree or shrub grown in our specific soils and temperature fluctuations has superior adaptability – which suggests the plant will greater than survive; it should thrive.
Regionally grown bushes:
- Recuperate extra shortly from transplant shock
- Present higher flowering efficiency and foliage coloration
- Have a extra sturdy and constant progress behavior
- Have improved pest and illness resistance
These advantages permit us to ship a better high quality product whereas additionally offering our prospects with a value financial savings. With a diminished want for “inputs” comparable to additional vitamins or therapies over the lifetime of the plant, in addition to doable alternative prices, beginning with a greater tree to start with is the most effective worth in the long term.
Regionally grown bushes (inside a 50 mile radius of Chicagoland) scale back transportation prices and gas burden, scale back air pollution the place they’re grown, and enrich the native financial system by offering employment alternatives alongside the localized provide chain. Along side Poul’s Lengthy Grove and Wadsworth nurseries, Poul’s employs a workers of area technicians, licensed arborists, and horticulturists who can provide you correct steering and knowledge when it comes to choosing and planting your new bushes.
Rising high-quality, mature bushes is a long-term dedication. Beginning as saplings in our fields, some bushes want a decade or extra to take form and be acknowledged as specimen high quality. How a tree is grown and the way it’s dealt with yr after yr is simply as necessary because the inventory it comes from.
As native nurserymen for greater than 40 years we’ve seen how local weather, soils, breeding, and cultivation methods can influence the well being and fantastic thing about a plant over time. Our stringent nursery practices ensure that every tree we promote has a powerful begin in life so that you could get pleasure from watching it develop for many years and maybe generations.
Once you buy high-quality bushes from Poul’s you get greater than meets the attention.
At Poul’s Nursery we…..
- Develop hardy, illness and pest-resistant nursery inventory fitted to our soils and local weather
- House our crops extensively in order that they have good type on all sides
- Prune younger bushes each summer season to encourage a straight chief for well-balanced form
- “Clear domesticate” by weeding with a tractor or a hoe between rows of bushes fairly than utilizing herbicides
- Dig bushes utilizing a tree spade, which is much less worrying and produces a secure rootball of the right measurement and tapered form
- Soak the contemporary rootball with a high-capacity water truck whereas the tree remains to be in-ground
- Degree-off the highest of the rootball earlier than wrapping in burlap in order that the collar might be set on the correct depth at planting time
- Wrap the basis ball in biodegradable burlap and string manufactured from pure jute
- Have nursery personnel hand-water bushes along with drip irrigation in our holding yard and maintain a watchful eye in order that our bushes don’t dry out
- Defend the trunk with cardboard wrapping throughout transportation
- Set up every tree augmenting the opening with pulverized black dust and ending with hardwood mulch
- Present a 1-year assure
We do much more than develop nice bushes! Poul’s Landscaping
& Nursery supplies award-winning design and set up providers – from planting a single tree to creating a complete outside residing area. View our panorama design portfolio.
Our crew of skilled, uniformed upkeep workers contains state-licensed tree care specialists, licensed pest management applicators, and skilled panorama technicians all with horticultural data and native plant experience.
View accessible panorama upkeep providers.