|The necessities to this benefit badge are copyrighted by the Boy Scouts of America. They’re reproduced partly right here beneath truthful use as a useful resource for Scouts and Scouters to make use of within the incomes and instructing of benefit badges. The necessities revealed by the Boy Scouts of America ought to at all times be used over the checklist right here. If unsure concerning the accuracy of a requirement, seek the advice of your Advantage Badge Counselor.|
|Studying this web page doesn’t fulfill any requirement for any benefit badge. Per Nationwide laws, the one one who could log out on necessities is a Advantage Badge Counselor, duly registered and licensed by the native Council. To acquire a listing of registered Advantage Badge Counselors, or to start a Advantage Badge, please contact your Scoutmaster or Council Service Heart.|
Do the next:
- A. Focus on how one can higher perceive individuals, locations, establishments, historical past, and geography on account of amassing stamps.
- B. Briefly describe some facets of the historical past, development, and growth of the USA postal system. Inform how it’s completely different from postal programs in different nations.
Outline topical stamp amassing. Title and describe three different varieties of stamp collections.
Present at the least ONE instance of every of the next:
- A. Perforated and imperforate stamps
- B. Mint and used stamps
- C. Sheet, booklet, and coil stamps
- D. Numbers on plate block, booklet, or coil, or marginal markings
- E. Overprint and surcharge
- F. Metered mail
- G. Definitive, commemorative, semipostal, and airmail stamps
- H. Cancellation and postmark
- I. First day cowl
- J. Postal stationery (aerogramme, stamped envelope, and postal card)
Do the next:
- A. Show using ONE normal catalog for a number of completely different stamp points. Clarify why catalog worth can fluctuate from the corresponding buy worth.
- B. Clarify the which means of the time period situation as used to explain a stamp. Present examples that illustrate the various factors that have an effect on a stamp’s worth.
Show using at the least THREE of the next stamp collector’s instruments:
- A. Stamp tongs
- B. Water and tray
- C. Magnifiers
- D. Hinges and stamp mounts
- E. Perforation gauge
- F. Glassine envelopes and canopy sleeves
- G. Watermark fluid
Do the next:
- A. Present a stamp album and the right way to mount stamps with or with out hinges. Present at the least ONE web page that shows a number of stamps.
- B. Focus on at the least THREE methods you’ll be able to assist to protect stamps, covers, and albums in first-class situation.
Do at the least TWO of the next:
- A. Design a stamp, cancellation, or cachet.
- B. Go to a submit workplace, stamp membership, or stamp present with an skilled collector. Clarify what you noticed and realized.
- C. Write a evaluate of an attention-grabbing article from a stamp newspaper, journal, guide, or Website (together with your mum or dad’s permission).
- D. Analysis and report on a well-known stamp-related character or the historical past behind a selected stamp.
- D. Describe the steps taken to supply a stamp. Embody the strategies of printing, varieties of paper, perforation kinds, and the way they’re gummed.
- F. Put together a two- to three-page show involving stamps. Utilizing ingenuity, in addition to clippings, drawings, and so on., inform a narrative concerning the stamps and the way they relate to historical past, geography, or a favourite subject of yours.
Mount and present, in a bought or home made album, ONE of the next:
- A. A set of 250 or extra completely different stamps from at the least 15 nations.
- B. A set of a stamp from every of 50 completely different nations, mounted on maps to indicate the placement of every.
- C. A set of 100 or extra completely different stamps from both one nation or a bunch of intently associated nations.
- D. A set of 75 or extra completely different stamps on a single subject. (Some attention-grabbing matters are Scouting, birds, bugs, the Olympics, sports activities, flowers, animals, ships, holidays, trains, well-known individuals, house, and drugs). Stamps could also be from completely different nations.
- E. A set of postal objects found in your mail by monitoring it over a interval of 30 days. Embody at the least 5 differing types listed in requirement 3.